At 70 tons, the Elefant (designation Panzerjäger Tiger (P)) was a German Heavy Tank Destroyer from WWII.
The Elefant was born out of a failed bid by Porsche to build the Tiger 1. After Porsche was left with 100 tank chassis which were produced in anticipation of winning the Tiger 1 competition, a decision was made in 1942 to convert 91 of these to be heavy tank destroyers. Originally nicknamed the Ferdinand (after the CEO of Porsche, Ferdinand Porsche), the tanks were later upgraded to become Elefants – featuring increased armour and the addition of secondary armament amongst other changes.
The Armortek Elefant tank is based on detailed measurements of the tank at the Tank Museum in Bovington which itself is on loan from the US Army Ordnance Training and Heritage Center at Fort Lee, VA, and is one of just two surviving examples.
The Armortek Elefant is sold as a kit for assembly and can be turned into an Radio Controlled (RC) Tank through the addition of options.