JT in Germany

Forum for discussion relating to the Jagdtiger
Peter Quambusch
Posts: 136
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Hagen, Germany
Been Liked: 171 times

Re: JT in Germany

Post by Peter Quambusch » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:16 am

While working on the drive sprockets and running gear, I remembered some issues I had with some other models... As it might be of general interest, I will post a new thread under "Knowledge Base" as "How to avoid driving gear problems".
Lord, give me strength to change the things I am able to change.... and patience to endure the things I can not change :-)

User avatar
Chang
Posts: 689
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:45 am
Location: Sydney, Australia
Has liked: 5713 times
Been Liked: 70 times

Re: JT in Germany

Post by Chang » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:00 am

Peter Quambusch wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:13 am
While waiting for the "interior", I continued on the mud guards...
Any idea how long before we can stop waiting for the "interior" Peter? :lol:
------------------------------------------------------------------
Es braust unser Panzer im Sturmwind dahin.....

Peter Quambusch
Posts: 136
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Hagen, Germany
Been Liked: 171 times

Re: JT in Germany

Post by Peter Quambusch » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:43 am

Chang wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:00 am
Peter Quambusch wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:13 am
While waiting for the "interior", I continued on the mud guards...
Any idea how long before we can stop waiting for the "interior" Peter? :lol:
Should be ready in about 2-3 weeks.
Lord, give me strength to change the things I am able to change.... and patience to endure the things I can not change :-)

User avatar
Heiko Sattler
Posts: 161
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:00 am
Been Liked: 232 times

Re: JT in Germany

Post by Heiko Sattler » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:41 am

a kind of blitzkrieg as fast as you build very very nice see you Peter

Peter Quambusch
Posts: 136
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Hagen, Germany
Been Liked: 171 times

Re: JT in Germany

Post by Peter Quambusch » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:02 pm

Batteries arrived today :D
2.jpg
Lord, give me strength to change the things I am able to change.... and patience to endure the things I can not change :-)

florian rudolf
Posts: 383
Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:53 am
Has liked: 98 times
Been Liked: 326 times
Contact:

Re: JT in Germany

Post by florian rudolf » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:39 pm

Nice power packs. It seems to have enough torque with 45Ah :D
But I think a bit over sized?! - With this you can drive 2 days non stop :P
How big and heavy are they?

User avatar
Gerhard Michel
Posts: 313
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:27 pm
Location: near Nuremberg, Germany
Been Liked: 120 times

Re: JT in Germany

Post by Gerhard Michel » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:05 am

Hello Peter,

well, nice packs, but ugly heavy!

I used the same capacity in my Bigtanks JT, until I replaced it by 8 LiFe cells of 36 Ah; actually shown in the Chieftain battery thread. Now I have nearly twice the operating time and could save 18 kgs! :mrgreen:
kind regards
Gerhard
____________________________________________________________________
1/6 Scale models: Jagdpanther (AT), Jagdtiger (BT), Königstiger (Porsche turret, NH), Königstiger (Production turret, BT), Pz. IV (SH)

Peter Quambusch
Posts: 136
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Hagen, Germany
Been Liked: 171 times

Re: JT in Germany

Post by Peter Quambusch » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:56 pm

florian rudolf wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:39 pm
Nice power packs. It seems to have enough torque with 45Ah :D
But I think a bit over sized?! - With this you can drive 2 days non stop :P
How big and heavy are they?
Batterien are 197 x 165 x 170 mm, 14,6 kg each. Gives you about 4 to 5 h running time w sound and w/o smoke.
Lord, give me strength to change the things I am able to change.... and patience to endure the things I can not change :-)

Peter Quambusch
Posts: 136
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Hagen, Germany
Been Liked: 171 times

Re: JT in Germany

Post by Peter Quambusch » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:57 pm

Gerhard Michel wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:05 am
Hello Peter,

well, nice packs, but ugly heavy!

I used the same capacity in my Bigtanks JT, until I replaced it by 8 LiFe cells of 36 Ah; actually shown in the Chieftain battery thread. Now I have nearly twice the operating time and could save 18 kgs! :mrgreen:
Hello Gerhard, How much did you spend on them?
Lord, give me strength to change the things I am able to change.... and patience to endure the things I can not change :-)

florian rudolf
Posts: 383
Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:53 am
Has liked: 98 times
Been Liked: 326 times
Contact:

Re: JT in Germany

Post by florian rudolf » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:32 pm

Peter Quambusch wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:56 pm
florian rudolf wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:39 pm
Nice power packs. It seems to have enough torque with 45Ah :D
But I think a bit over sized?! - With this you can drive 2 days non stop :P
How big and heavy are they?
Batterien are 197 x 165 x 170 mm, 14,6 kg each. Gives you about 4 to 5 h running time w sound and w/o smoke.
Ah ok, thanks. It seem verry heavy to the LiFePo. - My opinion with Gerhard.

User avatar
Gerhard Michel
Posts: 313
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:27 pm
Location: near Nuremberg, Germany
Been Liked: 120 times

Re: JT in Germany

Post by Gerhard Michel » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:46 pm

Hello Peter,

I bought 8 of these cells (without BMS):

https://www.i-tecc.de/shop/einzelzellen ... -3-2v?c=97

Actually there is an interesting discussion about LiFes with and without BMS in the Chieftain-thread. I think everybody must know by himself whether or not to use a BMS. But saving a BMS means that there MUST be a suitable concept to monitor the single LiFe cells when charging and when using.

I'm using the Jun-si iCharger 4010 Duo charger with integrated balancer:

https://www.lindinger.at/de/akkus/ladeg ... ladegeraet
kind regards
Gerhard
____________________________________________________________________
1/6 Scale models: Jagdpanther (AT), Jagdtiger (BT), Königstiger (Porsche turret, NH), Königstiger (Production turret, BT), Pz. IV (SH)

Post Reply