Speed of the chieftain

Forum for discussion relating to the Chietain MBT
Emil Kolenciak
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times

Speed of the chieftain

Post by Emil Kolenciak »

Hello,

I would like to ask if someone has an experience with a changing of the speed from chieftain. I have already folded the tank and it rides really slowly (already set everything to max) and sometimes the engines get stucked. I have already asked Armortek about it and I got an advice that this issue should be somewhere in transmitter, that is not sending the full range of signal. Thank you for all your advice on how to get rid of this problem.

Thanks a lot for your time and your advice.

Regards,
Emil Kolenčiak

Manny Leung
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 83 times

Re: Speed of the chieftain

Post by Manny Leung »

Hi have you tried changing to two stick control instead of single stick mixing control? I encountered the same problem when setting up the motors. I only have a basic non computerized transmitter and the motors seems sluggish,so I tried separating the control to two sticks and the motors now runs at full speed.hope this helps👍regards:

Armortek
Site Admin
Been liked: 2880 times

Re: Speed of the chieftain

Post by Armortek »

Hi Emil,

You emailed us a few weeks ago to ask if the Chieftain motors could be made to go faster - at the time we replied:

"It may be that the transmitter is not set up correctly so is not sending the full range of signal to the receiver.
You should try changing the servo settings on the transmitter and see if this makes any difference.
"

With some transmitters - like the Spektrum DX6, you need to go to the SERVO SETUP page and increase the RAL and LAL travel from 100 to 140 or 150. Otherwise the transmitter is not sending the full range of travel to the receiver and the motors will run slower.
Depending on the transmitter you are using, you may have similar settings.

Full forward for the motors corresponds to 2000μs , central is 1500μs and full reverse is 1000μs

Kian
Armortek