Stephen White wrote: ↑
Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:43 am
Youngjae, your work is inspiring and I'm following with great interest. It's great when members feel able to share their progress. Thanks for posting.
One consideration I had when I was designing the recoil and elevation for my Centurion was to maintain access to the bore of the gun barrel. I replaced the LED array supplied by Armortek with a barrel smoke system, which required a 2mm bore silicone tube to run into the barrel from the turret. That had to be flexible enough to work with the scale recoil distance. Would your design allow access to the bore?
I'm also following the discussion on barrel stabilisation and I hope we can collectively find a solution. Best of luck.
I intend to share the whole process if I think the personalization I try is valid.
However, even if I hear that I am valid, I will ask for the opinion of Kian before making it public.
The main gun and turret stability I tried were both conceptually completed and the foundry mechanical review was finished, and all the materials for the dispersion and control of the torque were completed.
First of all, I'll explain the personalisation direction of the recoil.
Spring-type pneumatic cylinder, 24V-solenoid valve, two-way BEC to use servo signals, 750CC air tank and fittings.
I use a springair cylinder to make sure that the main gun's quick retreat is pneumatic, and the slow recovery is springing, and these instruments are common on the market.
The advantage of this approach is that all LED, sound and motion signals provided by Armortek are used without conversion.
The smoke effect of the main gun can be expected by using the air that is then purged through the small dry-ice chamber as a chimney.
For example, both the bore size of the cylinder and the number of strokes required have been designed.
However, the tension of the spring to handle the mass of the main gun of more than 2.2 kg needs to be checked.
I have already been wondering about sector production and will arrive at me tomorrow.
Perhaps I expect it to be validated in a few days.
Considering this behavior, the frame inside the main gun is from yesterday.
But I modified the connection point of the linear actuator to stabilize the main gun in the frame last night.
Frames are free from interference in all movements.
Nevertheless, Battery intends to switch to a smaller, more speed-sensitive one you talked about at another forum.
Personalisation for horizontal stabilization of the turret is described.
I thought that it might be a burden to hold the rebound torque when turning a large turret, so I prepared a motor, gear, and fixed frame by dividing one motor and one gear into three and waiting for the motor to arrive.
I'll share this with you if there's no problem after the test.
The vertical stability of the main gun is waiting for the material, with the power, operating speed and operating length of the linear actuator to control the main gun, and the location and panel of the new sliding.
The connection point of the linear actuator is also a very important point.
I will attach the signal to the off-the-shelf Gyro between the motor driver of Armortek Motion Controller B and the receiver to try to control it and then edit Arduino if there.
It looks complicated, but it's too simple to go over P&ID.
Personalization provides a lot of fun.
Please consider that my reply is delayed or delayed on the other side of the globe.
Have a good day.