Vince's Tiger 1 late variant 2017

Forum for discussion relating to Tiger 1, Mid, Early, Late Production and Sturmtiger
Vince Cutajar
Has liked: 78 times
Been Liked: 185 times

Re: Vince's Tiger 1 late variant 2017

Post by Vince Cutajar » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:04 am

Thanks Mark for the info and the photo. You've given me something to think about. In a perfect world my hull roof plate would need remaking but at the moment I am thinking of just adding a strip of metal just behind the hull roof plate and in front of the engine hatch. That area is not very visible with the turret in place.

Vince

Vince Cutajar

Post by Vince Cutajar » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:14 am

Last night I couldn't sleep so went on John Grima's YouTube channel to see some of the videos. In one he did an alteration in the tow rope and barrel cleaning rod clamps which made me think. This morning I went to check about it and it was a good thing I did. The diameter of the tow rope wire is 5mm whilst the diameter of the wooden barrel cleaning rods is about 5.7mm. So I did a similar alteration using a different method to lower the three inner semi-circular grooves by 0.5mm which improved the situation.
Tiger 527.JPG
While I was at it, I noticed that my homemade brass end pieces of the cleaning rods were tarnishing nicely but this made the light colour wood look really bland. So, I applied a wood dye which made things look better.
Tiger 528.JPG
Vince

Vince Cutajar

Post by Vince Cutajar » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:32 pm

Started to slowly assemble all the bits and pieces to the hull roof. This is what I like best - assembling pre-prepared parts. It's slow going, but who's in a hurry?
Tiger 529.JPG
Vince