Tiger 1321 rebuild

Forum for discussion relating to Tiger 1, Mid, Early, Late Production and Sturmtiger
Paul Wills
Has liked: 270 times
Been Liked: 103 times

Re: Tiger 1321 rebuild

Post by Paul Wills » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:38 pm

Hi John,

Yes the floor and supports are resin but I have added strength to the floor with L shaped beams and the support arms have metal rods in them. I have moved all the electrics so it will fit in, I even have room to add the rest of the floor. unfortunately it means I cannot add the engine in the engine bay, all the battery's and switches are in there.

Paul. :wink:
9 kp pz gren div grossdeutschland Tiger A23, Sd.Kfz. 7 half-track Artl Reg 146 (mot), 16.Infanterie-Division (mot). Flak 36 88mm, Erg-Zug Flak-Stammbatterie Augsburg. King Tiger & Pak41

Paul Wills
Has liked: 270 times
Been Liked: 103 times

Re: Tiger 1321 rebuild

Post by Paul Wills » Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:06 pm

After reading some of the new posts and seeing that one or two of you are detaining the interior of your Tigers, I thought I would share this book. The Research Squad, A Modern Study of Fgst.NR,250031. Its the Early Tiger 1 from the Wheatcroft collection.

I bought some parts for the Cannon balance spring to finish the interior of my Tiger Ausf E, but I couldn't find a really good picture of how it should look together.
IMG_2909.JPG
So I trawled the internet without success until I remembered this book..... note to self, check you own book collection first :lol:

So if you are looking for images of the early ausf e spring balance here it is.

IMG_2912.JPG
IMG_2913.JPG
The parts are not too far out, so I can rejig them into what I want.

Paul. :wink:
9 kp pz gren div grossdeutschland Tiger A23, Sd.Kfz. 7 half-track Artl Reg 146 (mot), 16.Infanterie-Division (mot). Flak 36 88mm, Erg-Zug Flak-Stammbatterie Augsburg. King Tiger & Pak41