Jeffs 25 pounder

All topics related to Armortek's 25 Pdr
Jeffrey Goff
Has liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 70 times

Re: Jeffs 25 pounder

Post by Jeffrey Goff » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:35 pm

Thanks for the kind words Stephen, yes I agree these gun kits are great fun to model and good value as well, I had some time today so made the elevation arm
regards Jeff

Jeffrey Goff

Post by Jeffrey Goff » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:22 pm

couple of small details added, the tangent-elevation engraving beside the cone, and the zero line marker board on the shield, also made a firing handle come safety for the blank firer.
I would love to engrave the curved lines on the sighting cone, has anyone an idea how to achieve this, i have left it blank so far, for fear of mucking it up
regards Jeff

Jeffrey Goff

Post by Jeffrey Goff » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:36 pm

made a start on the platform, there are a few things that I wanted to change, first i reversed the spokes so that the down angle was to the right, this ment filling the extra hole near the centre and drilling an extra hole near the rim, spokes are a temporary fit while I work on the platform, this has all been soldered together and rivets filed flat, one thing you rarely see on displayed 25 pounders is the degree markers on the platform, with a raised rivet head every 10 degrees on the top edge, so had a go to replicate this
regards Jeff