Photographs sideways?

Forum for Armortek Owners to Meet, chat and share knowledge. You are advised to check 'official advice' before carrying out any modifications.
Armortek
Site Admin
Been liked: 2880 times

Photographs sideways?

Post by Armortek »

If you are trying to post an image and it is showing up sideways on the forum there is a very simple fix.

1. Open the image on your PC (for example in Windows 10 use the "Photos" program)
2. Make sure the orientation on the screen is correct and make any small change to the image - like crop it or change the brightness/ contrast by a small bit.
3. Save the image and upload that image to the forum. The orientation should now be correct.

Kian
Armortek

Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1137 times
Been liked: 1298 times

Re: Photographs sideways?

Post by Adrian Harris »

I find that just using Windows Explorer to rotate an image clockwise and then counter-clockwise works well, even if the image appears to display the right way round as a thumbnail.

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

Robert E Morey
Has liked: 100 times
Been liked: 695 times

Re: Photographs sideways?

Post by Robert E Morey »

One more trick I've found. Sometimes even after editing the photo when I upload it to a sharing site the photo will be rotated - even If I edited it, cropped it and set it like I want. I think something in the JPEG format remembers how the photo was orientated when taken (from camera). A simple trick is to save the edited photo as a PNG file. The sharing site seems to keep the proper rotation I want when I save as PNG.
Bob