Armorteks next model

Forum for Armortek Owners to Meet, chat and share knowledge. You are advised to check 'official advice' before carrying out any modifications.
Jerry Carducci

Re: Armorteks next model

Post by Jerry Carducci » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:10 pm

Perhaps there needs to be an informal contest, the prize being a Golden Attaboy, for correctly predicting Armortek's next model.

We all have our wish list. I'm quietly pulling for something not so mainstream....but then I've always been swimming against the stream...

Jerry
http://tanks.linite.com/ - RC tanks: stay home, build a tank and save a life!

mark lawson
Has liked: 1454 times
Been Liked: 171 times

Post by mark lawson » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:04 pm

As much as I would like to see an Sd.Kfz.234/1 or 2 or PzII Luchs I honestly don't think the next model will be German I think it would most likely be allied don't ask me to guess which era. Monique and Kian are far from easy to work out which is a good thing as you never know what the next model will be and when announced is always a shock.
Werkstatt - 5, 1/6 Panzer parts. werkstatt.five@gmail.com
RAG Militärmodellbau
IG Militärmodellbau

Alex Easten
Has liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by Alex Easten » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:05 pm

Roll on Easy Eight!

Here's hoping anyway..

Cheers,

Alex

Jack Hrovatin
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Jack Hrovatin » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:21 pm

I’ve been BEGGING for an M4A1 Sherman......too complicated to do a cast Hull. Hope somebody will!

Jerry Carducci

Post by Jerry Carducci » Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:03 am

Jack Hrovatin wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:21 pm
I’ve been BEGGING for an M4A1 Sherman......too complicated to do a cast Hull. Hope somebody will!
I'd go for an M4A1 late, 76mm with HVSS. As I'm coming from a 1/10 background I did cast an upper hull for an M4A1 in aluminum.
Have yet to use it but it's here. A cast upper in 1/6 wouldn't be that terrible but finding a firm to do it for a reasonable cost is another story.
I only do sand casting and I'd cast my own; the sand cavity would be so large you could use stamps to imprint whatever foundry marks you'd desire. For a quantity of hulls it would be a perfect candidate for ceramic shell molding; superb detail is easier for that method. They would not be inexpensive.

Jerry
http://tanks.linite.com/ - RC tanks: stay home, build a tank and save a life!

Alex Easten

Post by Alex Easten » Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:08 pm

For what it's worth (bearing in mind it worked for the Famo contingent) I would be happy to support the calls for an M4a1 as long as it had the 76mm gun. If the76mm Easy Eight really is on the cards, as the survey that was sent out leads me to hope, that would be my first choice. If not, well any kind of 76mm would be of interest.

Cheers,

Alex

Jack Hrovatin

Post by Jack Hrovatin » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:10 pm

My call would be for the small hatch 75mm VVSS version. So many made....”Michael” on exhibit and there for the references....early El Alamein, Tunisia, Normandy, etc. historical ties....OH, MY HEART IS POUNDING!

Respectfully,
Jack

Alex Easten

Post by Alex Easten » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:44 pm

I think I could be quite tempted by an El Alamein/ Sicily spec Sherman. My wife's Grandfather, Ron, saw the war through from the defence of France right through to the end of the war in Austria. It would be a fitting tribute to him!

Cheers!

Alex

Jack Hrovatin

Post by Jack Hrovatin » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:22 pm

Alex,
Well, I couldn’t agree more. Many, many pictures of these in the Italian Campaign to reference too! My concern is that it will be stated that the cost of doing a large cast body would make it too expensive to produce. It might be good to see what that additional cost might be....then present it to the “Community” to decide? It might be a good tank to make too....as many of the parts used to comprise this have already been done by them many, many years ago....and IF a Direct Vision version like “Michael” is done, the early VVSS suspension of the Lee/Grant already done even more recently. I’m just trying to make my case for such an historic and prolific vehicle used by both of our nations armies in the Second World War.

Jack