Armorteks next model

Forum for Armortek Owners to Meet, chat and share knowledge. You are advised to check 'official advice' before carrying out any modifications.
yves mouton
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 507 times

Re: Armorteks next model

Post by yves mouton »

Hello,

I hope it's gonna be a sdkfz 251 :D
Best regards Yves

Mark Heaps
Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 277 times

Post by Mark Heaps »

Or now that we are going to be having the Chieftain, how about the ultimate support vehicle for it ?

The Mercedes van, you could do it as the "Wolfgang" variant, painted blue with a side hatch for serving and a bell on the front, or the "Layby Lil" variant in white with hearts on the doors and a campbed in the back.

It may have just been a rumour but you may need to kit out the "wolfgang" variant with a radio set, maps, exercise instructions, list of radio frequencies and BATCO sheets to make a realistic version. ;)

Mark

Audrius Adam S
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Audrius Adam S »

Good evening to All, this is my very first post here after long time reading and watching Your amazing builds and seeing level of knowledge showed here, but i think i will put my two cents here as well. :roll:
So my guess would be something from USA or Soviets, for USA i would guess something to match Chieftain (hardly :) ), and for Soviets maybe be KV-1 or even KV-2 ?
Because there was only T-34 long time ago :)
Life is black and white, only You can make it colourful.

Robert Reid
Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 437 times

Post by Robert Reid »

I have learned that it is never possible to out-guess the minds at the Armortek Mothership.

Because just when we think we have them figured out... they create something awesome!

I am very looking forward to this. Not necessarily because I'll be ordering it. But because I will be so awe-struck by what they come up with.

Then, of course, I'll get all antsy-in-my-pantsy to order one.

According to the London Bookies the odds are well-against a Maus and an Abrahams. I put a fiver on a Renault... and if it comes through, I will win enough from the East-ender mob-types to pay from them. Thus I don't expect a Renault!

So we'll just see what happens!

Cheers,

RPR

John Clarke
Been liked: 1587 times

Post by John Clarke »

Totally agree with you Robert.

Armortek build stand alone models, group models. iconic models, out of the ordinary models and novelty models.

Which makes it sooooo difficult to second guess Armorteks next model.

I'm sure they have a chuckle if a guess's or suggestion gets close to home.

And probably get the well engineered thumb screws out to find out who's been blabbing too. :lol:

"One off's" would have a selective market, so unless the demand is "cast iron," it's not going to happen......unless

Unless of course "The management" have a selfish twisted whim :twisted:

So who knows what's coming out the factory gates. Annoying, really annoying,,,,,,, but who'd have it any other way. :lol:

Personally I think, an individual :wink: who guess's or suggest correctly should get a prize, especially if it sells well :wink: :wink: :wink:

So here's a "possible"....... Well a truck is probably due soon.

and a one off (well six A43's actually) and a A11, so slow even a KT would run rings round it. never going to happen...well...maybe.
22-da7540841c.jpg
22-da7540841c.jpg (192.98 KiB) Viewed 2095 times
db221.png
db221.png (492.64 KiB) Viewed 2095 times
Oh Man, I only ride em I don't know what makes them work,
Definatley an Anti-Social type

Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1137 times
Been liked: 1298 times

Post by Adrian Harris »

How about this, to turn the FAMO into something more useful than just a truck ?

sdah116-3-567ce1d.jpg

The picture is apparently a proposed offering from Asiatam in 1/16th.

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

florian rudolf
Has liked: 271 times
Been liked: 629 times

Post by florian rudolf »

Thats the best idea Adrian.
I told this to Kian allready last year. Maybe to big for a kompact kit, but usefull for all Famo owners.

Chris Hall
Has liked: 466 times
Been liked: 623 times

Post by Chris Hall »

Not exactly developing a new marketplace though, is it ? A limited production run of 50 (?) (assuming one per Famo owner), or even less if it's only attractive to someone with both a Famo and a German tank to put on it ................. :roll: No, Kian will be looking for something more exciting than that, in order to pull new people into the Armortek 'web'. After all, one is never enough :wink:.

My money is on either a Churchill VII or a Universal Carrier. I'd like both, but can't afford either ........ :(

Chris
Mark IV (Liesel, Abteilung 14, France 1918)
M3 Lee (25 Dragoons, Burma 1944)
Universal Carrier (2/Wiltshires, Italy 1944)
Panther (Deserter, 145 RAC, Italy 1944)
Centurion Mk 3 (8KRIH, Korea 1950/51)
Morris Quad, 25-pdr & limber (45RA, Korea 1951)

Mark Heaps
Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 277 times

Post by Mark Heaps »

Purely a guess, but would fit in with Brexit and and expanding the customer base, an M1 Abrams.

Mike Conley
Has liked: 224 times
Been liked: 181 times

Post by Mike Conley »

I was just now watching a segment on FOX News about what's happening with Brexit and I can not understand it, how it works. And DON'T try to explain because this isn't a forum for it AND I probably STILL wouldn't understand. I just hope everything works out good for everybody!

But on new releases, I've campaigned earlier for a M113 Armored Personal Carrier and at this time I would also like to add a M3 Stuart (Honey) and an 'Easy 8' 76mm Sherman (T66 tracks) which served in WWII, Korea, and later.

AND! (I almost forgot) Armortek has made TWO British artillery guns (one with a caisson) and THREE German artillery guns. How about a U.S. 105mm, 155mm, or an 8 inch gun? The only 'down side' to that is, while there are Armortek British/German vehicles/halftracks to pull them, there are no U.S. models available that could (and I don't count the M3 halftrack because it's light and wasn't designed specifically for gun towing.)

Just my two cents... Mike
Armorteks: King Tiger, Tiger 1, Panther G, Panzer IV, M4A3 Shermans x2, M3 Lee, Pershing, Sd Kfz 7, Pak 43.

Manny Leung
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 83 times

Post by Manny Leung »

Armortek have been researching for their next model in the tank museum a few weeks ago,my money is on the Churchill or Churchill crocodile.I know it's already been done by another company but Armortek will make it better!

If it's a cold war tank how about the T55? As used by all Warsaw Pact countries and China,now that's a market place to tap into.

jseverett
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times

Post by jseverett »

Well for something very different, how about a Caterpillar D-11R (or similar) bulldozer? Armortek certainly has the know-how and resources to do it. Of course it would need some hydraulic cylinder operators and high pressure pump, etc...
They would get sales beyond the military vehicles, into possibly a bigger group of modelers. And it would be a load of fun. Anyone agree?
Just a thought.......

Armortek
Site Admin
Been liked: 2880 times

Post by Armortek »

Quite a few great suggestions in this post ... perhaps something there for the future ?? :wink:

Without giving anything away, we can say it will not be the Cat .. at 1.8m length the chassis components will not fit on our machines :(

Only 10 days left now ...
Armortek

Michael Röder
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Michael Röder »

10 days full of excitement! :D

florian rudolf
Has liked: 271 times
Been liked: 629 times

Post by florian rudolf »

The SdAh116 is right for the FAMO, but its an amazing kit, so maybe someone having an StuG, Pnazer3 or somthing to stand on it at some events its looking great.
- Similar as the PAK 43/41, also nearly usual only with an Famo.
- Similar as the Limber and 17PDR, 25PDR only usual with the Quad.
The mechanik at an SdAh 116 is verry interesting.
I think maybe 80% from the Famo owners would buy this trailer too. - Anyone maybe to having an place to put on his Panzer3 or StuG.