Page 1 of 1

Jagdpanther 013

Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:30 am
by Kevin Tomkinson
After a huge effort I have finally managed to remove all the pld paint and more importantly all the sticky goop that was under it. I think that at some time in the past someone tried to apply zimmerit and gave up. Then someone coated it with a tar like substance that just clogged any form of abrasive. Both these coatings had to be shaved off with a wood chisel before sanding could do any good. Eventually got back to bare metal then applied two coats of 2 pack etching primer which is how it appears in the attached photos.Spent most of today taking out all the old electronics and installing brand new kit from Gill and Mark. Watch this space for developements as I continue with the paint job and upgrade.
My eternal thanks to Gill for her patience and quick responses to my enquiries and calls for help. Thanks also to Mark for sharing his knowledge and giving me a nudge in the right direction.

Re: Jagdpanther 013

Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:57 am
by Paul Morris
Hi Kevin
Well done mate ... I have tried that stripping back job a few times its no fun ..... looking good now though now your enjoyment of the model can start. :D
Cheers Paul. :wink:

Re: Jagdpanther 013

Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:31 pm
by Kevin Tomkinson
Thanks Paul. It has been a bit of a marathon but we are nearly there now.