• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Most users ever online was 371 on Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:49 pm
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Sdkfz 7 Half Track

New Photos of my halftrack

Forum for discussion relating to the Sdkfz 7 Half Track

Postby Paul Wills » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:18 pm

Hi Guys,

The rear reverse seat wasn’t placed there for an MG, however in the latter years of the war, it may have been utilised as an ant-aircraft spotting seat, there again just because I haven’t seen any photos of an MG mounted on the rear, doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. All the photos I have seen, show MG34’s deployed on AA tripods around the unit, to add to this, memoirs talk of soldier abandoning the vehicles for the nearest ditch with their rifle.

It was originally intended as Adrian quite rightly says, for making sure the towed unit wasn’t lost, or tipped over whist in transit.

Here's a nice photo of it from Vinces Gallery

As you can see no post was fitted for an MG as standard

Paul :wink: .
Nord West KampfGruppe, 13. Panzer kompanie (Schwere) Tiger 1321, Hageunau Panther 21st Pz Dv Panzer V Ausf G, King Tiger No II s.H.Pz.Abt. 505, and Sd.Kfz. 7 half-track of the Artillery Regiment 146 (mot), attached to the 16.Infanterie-Division (mot)
Paul Wills

Postby clive Lockwood » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:57 pm

Looks exellent Paul are you running it on sunday,? shame to get it dirty really, i,m sure Ant will want to get some shots of it in action.
clive Lockwood

Postby Robert E Morey » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:26 am

Thanks for the explaination on the seat, Paul. Kind regards,
Bob
Robert E Morey

Previous

Return to Sdkfz 7 Half Track