Sherman M4A1

Forum for discussion relating to the M3 Lee nd Grant Medium Tank
Robert E Morey
Has liked: 100 times
Been liked: 695 times

Re: Sherman M4A1

Post by Robert E Morey »

I agree the rounded hull contours either machined or cast in gleaming metal would be pretty tempting. I'd like to see the early spoked bogey wheels like the Lee has also.
Bob

Jack Hrovatin
Been liked: 52 times

Post by Jack Hrovatin »

Bob,
I agree, Armortek can use the M3 VVSS Boggies from their present undertaking! I suggest that they also can do the very early Direct Vision version, as “Michael” is there for the referencing! I’m very, very hopeful that more would like to see it, and vote accordingly now that Armortek has been so very kind to include it in their survey. They certainly care, and are listening!

Respectfully,
Jack

Graham Hough
Been liked: 19 times

Post by Graham Hough »

Where is this multiple choice survey please?

Jack Hrovatin

Post by Jack Hrovatin »

I don’t know, I think it’s something that they are preparing.....but I think it worth asking them?

Jack

Chris Hall
Has liked: 466 times
Been liked: 623 times

Post by Chris Hall »

Kian said "in the next couple of weeks" in one of the many threads on this topic .... somewhere on the Sherman forum page, I think.
Mark IV (Liesel, Abteilung 14, France 1918)
M3 Lee (25 Dragoons, Burma 1944)
Universal Carrier (2/Wiltshires, Italy 1944)
Panther (Deserter, 145 RAC, Italy 1944)
Centurion Mk 3 (8KRIH, Korea 1950/51)
Morris Quad, 25-pdr & limber (45RA, Korea 1951)

Armortek
Site Admin
Been liked: 2880 times

Post by Armortek »

Working on it as I type :-)

If it stays grey outside might be in your inboxes later today.
Kian
Armortek

Jack Hrovatin

Post by Jack Hrovatin »

Don’t forget to check the M4 Sherman box, BUT, type in M4A1 VERSION of the Sherman in the COMMENTS box below. I would hate to see the great interest shown in this posting go to waste with another Welded Hull version, as NOBODY has thought to do the beautiful M4A1 version!

GO TEAM, GO!!!!!

Jack Hrovatin

Post by Jack Hrovatin »

Hello all. I’m impressed that this M4A1 thread has so many “Views”. I have sent a message to Kian enquiring about the survey results, I’m still hoping that many of you have cast your vote for this particular model in the near future. So, if any of you are still interested....let’s at least give a “Thumbs Up” 👍 so it’s seen that it’s not just me who’s obsessed with the thought of this famous tank to be produced in great Armortek fashion!

Cheers!
Jack

Jack Hrovatin

Post by Jack Hrovatin »

AGAIN, TO ALL WHO VIEW....KEEP IT UP!
I am very impressed at the “Volume” of “VIEWS” to this M4A1 thread. I am confident that Armortek is witnessing a definite show of interest in seeing this kit produced. I continue to be positive in thinking that this company will respond by giving us one of WWII’s most prolific tanks!

Jack

Jack Hrovatin

Post by Jack Hrovatin »

OK, just a thought here. The recent Armortek Famo transport models production was started due to a show of interest for such a model. There was also a pitch made by someone prior to the start of production to do a “Crowd Funded” show of support for such an endeavor. I am willing to put up an amount for such a venture, provided it is returned to me should no production materialize.... as was the proposition with the Famo. Would anyone else consider such a venture to see this necessary addition to the Armortek lineage of TANKS? I am pleased that there seems to be an interest for this model, but is it just curious speculation, or actual purchasing interest? To answer this question would be essential to “Push” this further.

Respectfully,
Jack

Jack Hrovatin

Post by Jack Hrovatin »

Many people have viewed this posting since I asked if anyone was serious about showing Armortek their interest in having the M4A1 Sherman produced. However, nobody has “Chimed” in with a comment, either Pro or Con. So, may I ask again....”Is anyone other than me interested in demonstrating their interest to Armortek for this model....either in an upfront refundable investment, or just telling them that you want to see one made”? I’m not trying to drill a dry hole here....just trying to figure who other than myself really wants to see one made?

Jack

Jack Hrovatin

Post by Jack Hrovatin »

To all who have “Viewed” this posting asking for a show of interest or support in Armortek offering us a model of the M4A1 Sherman tank, I just received a notice from Kian Schroff! He told me that the result of his survey “Just didn’t show the support” necessary for a build “AT THIS TIME”...So, although I wish he had placed “M4A1” on the survey, instead of “M4” (BIG DIFFERENCE), apparently there’s just no interest in doing a model of this tank. I won’t stop in my pursuit that someone will produce a model of a tank that changed the course of history!

Respectfully,
Jack