Our latest newsletter is out.

Click here to read it: https://mailchi.mp/armortek/march2020

Or here to subscribe: https://www.armortek.co.uk/newsletter/
(if you have subscribed, but you have not received the newsletter, be sure to check your "junk mail folder" and add Armortek to your safe sender list)

Haynes RR Workshop book

Forum for discussion relating to the Rolls-Royce Armoured Car, Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost and the 40/50hp Engine.
Christian Steinhauer
Has liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 17 times

Haynes RR Workshop book

Post by Christian Steinhauer » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:06 pm

Hello,

I don't know if it's from interest, but I saw yesterday at Bovington museum shop that they sell the Haynes RR workshop books for 4.99 £.
Have fun building, Kind regards
Christian

Chris Hall
Has liked: 136 times
Been Liked: 165 times

Re: Haynes RR Workshop book

Post by Chris Hall » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:25 pm

I saw the same thing on Saturday ! It would have been rude not to buy one .....

Shame we didn't meet up !
Mark IV (Liesel, Abteilung 14, France 1918)
Morris Quad, 25-pdr & 2 x limbers (45RA, Korea 1951)
M3 Lee (25th Dragoons, Burma 1944)
Rolls-Royce Armoured Car (10(RN)AMB, German E. Africa 1916)

Christian Steinhauer
Has liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 17 times

Post by Christian Steinhauer » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:16 pm

Hello Chris,

yes, just back. We only stay a week and it was a rush through your nice Island. It was more a trip to show my kids 13/15 language and country and fulfill my old wish to see the tank museum. So we boys visited Bovington on thursday and on sunday, we have a little time on our way back to the ferry. I'm very impressed of the museum and collection. I have to the thank for the tip with Dudleddor, it was a nice day on the beach. I went a little bit read. I swear, next visit we will plan with more time :D

I bought the Haynes workshop on the Pz.III and after reading the first pages I recommend it. A lot of detailed pictures from the III's in Bovington.
Have fun building, Kind regards
Christian

Robert Reid
Has liked: 59 times
Been Liked: 260 times

Post by Robert Reid » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:20 pm

The Haynes book is a gem! Lots of great pictures and details for the model builder.

There are actually a number of small errors in the text, but if you did not work on the 1:1 versions every day, you would not notice, nor would it matter. The author from the Tank Museum did a phenomenal job on it. And it is a bargain!

The best materials are the interior detailing tips and some of the photos such as the 'self-starter' and the magneto on the firewall, etc.

Highly-recommended book for anyone building the Armored cars.

Also recommend Col. Eric Barrass' book published by the Rolls-Royce Heritage Trust and another one that does not have a lot of pictures, but really tells all the fun history of the squadrons from a worms' eye view, Steel Chariots in the Desert by Sam C. Rolls (no relation to Charles Stewart Rolls).

Cheers,

RPR