• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Most users ever online was 371 on Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:49 pm
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Craftsman's Market

Tiger 1 Early Type Stowage Bin. Pictures Added

Armortek owners can buy and sell 1/6 scale accessories and detail parts. note: Armortek does not necessarily endorse these products and can accept no liability for contractual disputes

Tiger 1 Early Type Stowage Bin. Pictures Added

Postby Mike Stannard (toyrific) » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:33 pm

Hi Guys

About a year ago I was commission by a customer to make a early type Tiger 1 stowage bin, thought you all might like to see the results. Still have to make the mounting brackets and fit it to the turret.

While researching this I found out that the pistol port on the Armortek Tiger 1 is to small and position to high , this resulted in having to make a correct size pistol port and locate it correctly to be able to make the bin like the original. The customer wanted a working pistol port, but I do not have the machinery to drill a new larger hole in turret. I checked machine shops, but cost of drilling the hole was more than the customer wanted to pay. I ended up filling the existing hole and making just the exterior part of the pistol port. I am making a mold of the pistol port to spin cast in white metal and it will be added to my catalog.

I was not able to find any period pictures of the top of the bin and the drawings in reference books do not give a true representation of the top, but I think what I have done is fairly close, I was able to get the outside of the bin lid sizes from period pictures and figured it out from there.

Regards
Mike
Customer service and quality is my priority.
toyrific@mindspring.com
Mike Stannard (toyrific)

Re: Tiger 1 Early Type Stowage Bin. Pictures Added

Postby Mike Stannard (toyrific) » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:01 pm

toyrific@mindspring.com
Mike Stannard (toyrific)

Re: Tiger 1 Early Type Stowage Bin. Pictures Added

Postby Mike Stannard (toyrific) » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:04 pm

toyrific@mindspring.com
Mike Stannard (toyrific)

Return to Craftsman's Market