• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Most users ever online was 371 on Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:49 pm
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Craftsman's Market

SdKfz 251 9 Meter Telescoping Mast

Armortek owners can buy and sell 1/6 scale accessories and detail parts. note: Armortek does not necessarily endorse these products and can accept no liability for contractual disputes

SdKfz 251 9 Meter Telescoping Mast

Postby Mike Stannard (toyrific) » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:41 am

Here are pictures of the prototype 9 meter telescoping mast for the 251, there appears to be several version of telescoping masts used on various vehicles, this one was designed from a lined drawing as the only photos I could find did not give enough detail. The mast is mostly shown in the retracted position, I only have one picture, not very clear of it extended when it was on display at OSF. when fully extended if is over 6 feet tall. Still some work to do on it, more detail needs to be added to the crank box and main base upright tube.

This is basically a 100% hand made from telescoping brass tubing which is .028" thick. All hand cut and soldered. The mast, scaled one that is, is held erect by a single length of copper wire that is treaded through holes in each tube starting at the bottom and working to the top. Takes about 5 minutes to do it. How it is done is a secret at the moment. took me a few hours to figure it out.

As these will be all hand made, they will be expensive, there is no way to mass produce it that I can think of in small numbers. If you have an interest let me know.

Here are the pictures
Customer service and quality is my priority.
toyrific@mindspring.com
Mike Stannard (toyrific)

Postby james leslie » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:51 am

Hi Mike,

I saw this at OSF show. Very unique item. I would like to see it once you complete the details. Please quote the price you will offer this item at.

Jim
james leslie

Postby Mike Stannard (toyrific) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:03 am

Hi Jim

Same thing goes for this item as with the Ammo Trailer Box on quoting a price.

Mike
Customer service and quality is my priority.
toyrific@mindspring.com
Mike Stannard (toyrific)

Return to Craftsman's Market