About a year ago I was commission by a customer to make a early type Tiger 1 stowage bin, thought you all might like to see the results. Still have to make the mounting brackets and fit it to the turret.
While researching this I found out that the pistol port on the Armortek Tiger 1 is to small and position to high , this resulted in having to make a correct size pistol port and locate it correctly to be able to make the bin like the original. The customer wanted a working pistol port, but I do not have the machinery to drill a new larger hole in turret. I checked machine shops, but cost of drilling the hole was more than the customer wanted to pay. I ended up filling the existing hole and making just the exterior part of the pistol port. I am making a mold of the pistol port to spin cast in white metal and it will be added to my catalog.
I was not able to find any period pictures of the top of the bin and the drawings in reference books do not give a true representation of the top, but I think what I have done is fairly close, I was able to get the outside of the bin lid sizes from period pictures and figured it out from there.