• In total there are 4 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Most users ever online was 371 on Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:49 pm
  • Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests

Armortek Owners

Armortek - The Future

Forum for Armortek Owners to Meet, chat and share knowledge. You are advised to check 'official advice' before carrying out any modifications.

Armortek - The Future

Postby Armortek » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:56 am

We have been running Armortek for over  10 years from our factory here in Devon.  We are very proud of the business we have built, with the help of you our loyal customers.  It has   been hard work but also very rewarding.  Armortek is now without doubt the leading  manufacturer of all metal armoured kits in the world.

The business is very successful however, with just ourselves (Mark and Gill) we can not keep up with the demand.   We know that there is huge  potential for growth and a need to satisfy the demand for the  many new models that you, our customers would like us to manufacture.

For personal reasons,  we wish to slow down and give someone else the opportunity take  Armortek to the next stage in its development.  We have therefore decided,  after much serious thought and consideration  that, after the Panther production,  we will be offering the company for sale.  It is very important to us to see the business continue and to  flourish and wish to  hand it on to someone who will be able to develop upon our success and grow the business into the future.

Please be assured that we intend to do this in a way which will be very positive for you the customers and we will make sure that all requirements are met by an extended hand over period with our full backing and involvement.

We are conscious that a potential new owner could come from within our international existing customer base which is why we are telling you first, as well as to be transparent and honest about our intentions.

We would ask anyone who has genuine interest and means to consider purchasing the business to contact us directly and in confidence, either by telephone or email.  We will ask for an Non disclosure agreement to be signed and will then be pleased to supply further information.

We appreciate that this news will raise many questions which we will of course do our best to answer.

Mark and Gill Watkins

sales@armortek.co.uk

Tel: +44(0)1404 892956
Armortek
Armortek
Site Admin

Re: Armortek - The Future

Postby Stephen White » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:57 am

Wow, that’s some way to go to avoid making a F***.....

Gill and Mark, you've put so much into building Armortek into the world class company it is, that my first thought is to thank you for all the pleasure and sense of community you've given we customers over the years. You thoroughly deserve to take your feet off the pedals and I wish that you find the right buyer, at a price which gives you the new start.

For us, the customers, Armortek is a worldwide community. I've learnt so much and gained so many valued friendships with likeminded people who share a common interest. My second thought is therefore a selfish one, the hope that Armortek develops and thrives under new ownership and the Armortek community of interest continues, online, at shows and via social media.

Which really leads to my final observation, which is about the future. The value of Armortek as a business lies not just in offering the best designed, engineered and produced one sixth scale armour kits in the world but in what the business community call "goodwill". It's very rare in business to find a company which is at the heart of a worldwide community, which has developed over the years based on value, mutual trust and respect. For that sense of community, which adds so much value to the company, to continue under new ownership, Gill and Mark will need our constructive support and continued loyalty (and a large helping of good luck).

Armortek, through Gill and Mark's efforts, has given many of us years of building and operating enjoyment, shared with a passion. There’s every reason to believe there is enough momentum to turn a new chapter.

Thank you, Gill and Mark, I'm sure you have our support to make it work.
Stephen White
Site Admin

Postby Holger Beck » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:13 pm

Mark and Gill I must say the news came as a bit of a shock but I can fully understand and support your decision and I know the amount of time you have both put into the business with little time for yourselves. I know that you will ensure that the new owner will continue the good work and uphold the good name Armortek that you have made it. My best wishes to you both and thank you.
Holger Beck

Postby Frank Breitenbach » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:26 pm

Shock!
I can only say: My best wishes to you both and thank you for all.
Kind regards
Frank
Frank Breitenbach

Postby michael hilton » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:34 pm

Hello everyone, I thought the World just stopped turning......Go for it Mark and Gill, life is far to short, and I should know......my very best wishes, Mick
michael hilton

Postby Phil Woollard » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:37 pm

Can I have your lovely polishing/deburring machine? Only joking you guys, You do what you need to and enjoy life a little and maybe Mark could have a hobby in a shed...like building large scale tanks or something :D . All the best for your future Phil
Mechanical engineer, Pyrotechnic technician, and small time farmer.
Youtube channel, Magpiespyro. For 1/6th scale video action!
Phil Woollard

Postby Derek Attree » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:39 pm

Hi Gill and Mark
I understand why but its very sad news :cry:
Having been here since you started to run the company.
I wish you both well and I hope the new owner gets it
when it comes to what makes Armortek such a special family
to belong too.
The best service and back up I have ever come across.

Regards

Derek
we must stop making stupid predictions
Derek Attree

Postby Uwe Gerstenmayer » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:52 pm

Dear Gill and Mark,

looking shocked at that sad news :cry:

You've build up such a unique and outstanding community and a Company which is second to none !

Very sad but wishing you both from heart the very best for your future :!:

With very best regards from the Cologne Area,

Uwe
1:16 Models: Kingtiger
1:10 Models: Flak-Panther Coelian, Panther A , S.WS with 3,7cm Flak 37
1:6 Armortek Models: Flak 36 2006, Kingtiger 2013, Sd.Kfz.7 2014, PAK 43/41 2015
Uwe Gerstenmayer

Postby Gerhard Michel » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:31 pm

Hello Gill and Mark,

oops, surprising news, indeed! But as a rather new member of this community I try to read between the lines, and I guess to recognize a benefit for you, Gill and Mark, in getting more time of recreation, and perhaps a benefit for us, the customers, in getting a further growing company. So that offer might become a win win situation for all participants, I hope.

I wish you only the best for your further life's journey!
kind regards
Gerhard

Postby Maarten Schutjes » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:35 pm

Dear Mark and Gill, thank you for your outstanding work and service all those years. Like mentioned in earlier posts, it's a bit of a shock to read your message. And I can imagine these are interesting times for you, as wel as for us customers. I hope you can find a person that can appreciate what you both have build and understands the amount of time it takes to develop a model that can be made in a production run. According to your level of quality, service and passion.

Once again.. thank you!
Maarten Schutjes

Postby Kevin Tomkinson » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:16 pm

Hi Gill and Mark,
Well that is some news you gave us today. I have to say I have never come across another company which is as helpful, friendly and nice to be associated with as Armortek. The models aren't bad either. I now have 4 of their models and all are superb and when things have gone wrong I have had fantastic help from them both.
I worry that any new owner will not give as good a service as Gill and Mark have done but realise that there are more things in life than work.I can only wish the two of you all the very best for the future and thank you for all you have done.
Regards Kevin.
I might strongly disagree with what you are saying, but I would fight to the death to protect your right to say it.
Diplomacy only comes from the barrel of a gun.
Kevin Tomkinson

Postby Steve Norris » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:28 pm

Mark and Gill
Wow, sad to hear that you are selling the business and hope that a good buyer can be found that will continue the hard work and dedication that you have put into it.
As one of your first customers and now it appears one of your last I would like to thank you for your efforts in producing a great range of 1/6 scale vehicles and your tremendous customer support.
Regards
Steve
Steve Norris

Postby Bodo Langbehn » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:33 pm

Hello Gill and Mark,

I was really shocked too about this news this morning.
I fully agree with all thoughts and views which were written about your decision.
I can also understand, that you want to change your life and to slow down a bit.

All the best for your future Bodo
Bodo Langbehn

Postby Chris Hall » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:34 pm

I've just enjoyed a long weekend in Cornwall with my wife, to celebrate our Wedding Anniversary. So, on the long drive back to Wiltshire today, I arranged to call in to Armortek so Helen could meet Mark and Gill (whom she's obviously heard a lot about !). When I confirmed it with Gill on Friday she was a little cagey. I jokingly said that they should hide any 'secret things' to which she enigmatically replied "we might have something to show you on Monday". Helen teased me all weekend about a Whippet .... :wink:

So we arrived at about 11.30 this morning, and Gill showed me this. Of all the things I expected, this certainly wasn't it ! And, unlike the rest of you, I had to react immediately rather than thinking about it. My first job was to relocate my jaw, which was bouncing around the floor :lol:.

Being an ex-accountant, my first thoughts were like Stephen's. The goodwill in the Armortek brand is immense. But how to value it ? Any new management will look at the books, of course, but they need to see a continuing, positive and enthusiastic presence by us to add value. So that's our primary job from now on, which will generate the reward for Mark and Gill that they richly deserve.

But, as a human being, I noticed something else. Both Mark and Gill looked about 20 stone lighter ! They've obviously made a decision they're happy with and, while they're keen to see the brand survive and grow, they're looking forward to getting their life back - and who can deny them that ?

So, while we're all a bit shocked, and thinking of the nice toys we may never get, we need to make Mark and Gill aware of the high esteem they're held in, and how grateful we all are for what they do for us - and what they're continuing to do. And, the more we help and support the Armortek brand, the better the outcome will be for all. That's one of the best win-wins I've ever seen.

So here's to Mark and Gill - stay happy, and start planning your new life. And thanks for the tea break, and making Helen (and Mia, our Labrador) so welcome.

All the best,

Chris
WW1 Tank nut.
Proud owner of:
Mark IV No. 50 (Abt. 14 #1 "Liesel") viewtopic.php?f=25&t=5405
Mark IV No. 30 (F30 "Flaming Fire II") viewtopic.php?f=25&t=5778
Chris Hall

Postby Stephen White » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:39 pm

Well said sir. Nailed it. Stephen
Stephen White
Site Admin