warning!

Forum for discussion relating to the Jagdpanther
vincent hung shu yue
Been liked: 24 times

warning!

Post by vincent hung shu yue »

Hi everybody, I want to spread out this message.I don't want anyone to have the same experience like me .I just buy a 1/8 tiger from Tankmodel, it is rubbish, not to the scale, the speed is slower than a snail (the gear is very poor quality). And some parts are made from plastic (but it claim it is metal tank).Its quality is lower than a1/16 plastic tank from Heng Long . I have to modify a lot before it will like a tiger. Don't trust the adv in the net, under 50% is correct. :cry:
But it is very happy when I look at my almost completed jagdpanther, it is totally difference. It is worth and the quality is higher than my expectation.Gill and Mark do a great job. :D
When my jagd is completed, I will post the pictures and the tiger for comparsion.

Cheers
Vincent Hung

Robert E Morey
Has liked: 100 times
Been liked: 695 times

Post by Robert E Morey »

Hi Vince,
I was wondering how the 1/6 models from Tankmodel stack up to Armorteks. Sorry to hear your experience was bad. The price is similar yes?

Looking forward to seeing your Jagdpanther. With a little extra detailing the Armortek models look superb in my opinion.

Thanks for the info.
Bob

vincent hung shu yue

warning!

Hi Bob,
For you reference, the price of 1/8 tiger of tankmodel is US$4500 without sound ,smoke and recoil. And the price of 1/6 tiger is US$7500 without anything instead of poor gear and motor.Comparatively Armortek's is more valuable and best buy than tankmodel. I hope that I am the last modeller to make such stupid decision.

Regards
Vincent Hung

vincent hung shu yue

warning!

Hi everybody,
The 1/8 tiger1 which I brought from tankmodel, I really feel fructuated .I don't want to waste any time to make any modification. Anyone who want to take the challenge I would like to sell it for only HK$8,000.(I bought it for HK$36,000.)
I have to state clear, you have to modify the turret rotation, gun elevation,(it only use two servos to do the mechinical movement) In additions, no speed controller, no sound cards, no smoke generator, no recoil system. Also you have to upgrade the suspension.
I will wait for armortek's tiger 1 coming in 2010 or order a M2A2 from Chunwai Model .

Thanks
Vincent Hung

vincent hung shu yue

warning!

Hi everybody
Finally I had sold the 1/8 tiger 1(from tankmodel) to a modeller in U.S.
A.for HK$8,000 (US$1,030). The buyer is happy with the price. But I think that is more or less it worth. Don't be stupid to buy any product from the company. I lost US$3,000 to learn this lesson. I am looking forward to get the king tiger and wait for mid tiger 1 in the coming year.
Hope Gill and Mark can keep on going to have nice model.

Vincent Hung