Steen Vøler
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 493 times

JagdPanther - Advice

Post by Steen Vøler »

Hi tankers

My JagdPanther is going to have a major makeover which includes:

Wheels of - new bearings etc
Suspension to be adjusten to more correct height ( ground clearence is only 5 cm needs to be between 7-9 cm)

New rubber for roadwheels

Cleaning and painting the interior

Mounting a new base plate for batteries

New AGM batteries installation (going from 2 x 24A ACID to 4 x 20A AGM reducing weight by 10 kg

New paint schema

My questions is - are there any particular areas that I need to be aware of practially stripping the tank down and rebuilding it

cheers
Steen
cheers
Steen

www.panzerteam.dk

dennypatterson
Been liked: 1 time

Re: JagdPanther - Advice

Post by dennypatterson »

:cry: hello. i,m in the process of stripping my jag. i would fit the double torsion bar upgrade, rides a lot better, i have done this to my panther,check the roll pins on the motor shaft, see that all nuts , bolts are tight. i see that you are worried about weight all my tanks have 4 batteries in, never run out of juice!!!!
surprised that you are fitting new bearings and rubbers, mine was one of the first produced, and has been hacked from hell to high water.....still going strong, famous last words all the best denny. and good luck!!!

Steen Vøler
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 493 times

Post by Steen Vøler »

hi Dennis
thanks for the advice.some of the roadwheels are loose which I suspect to be the bearings.

attached is a picture of one roadwheel where you can see that the bearing is rusty.

also a picture of my home made wheel cap unscrewer 8)
Attachments
WIN_20140914_123054.JPG
WIN_20140914_123122.JPG
WIN_20140914_123114.JPG
cheers
Steen

www.panzerteam.dk

dennypatterson
Been liked: 1 time

Post by dennypatterson »

:lol: you may find that you need a washer between bearing and cap to stop the wheel moving side to side,it looks as though you have been driving through the sea!!!!!also i forgot to mention do,nt use grub screws on the torsion bars, its better to use cap heads, you can get more purchase on them, i think that a tank like yours , looks better its used, and not put in a glass case, or as i call them wilton, axminster carpet tanks , only used in the lounge,,,,, i had a cap removal tool made very good.. denny,
p.s armourtek, havent got any uprated suspensions, at the moment, but i belive going to make some soon, so get your name down..

Steve Stuart
Has liked: 233 times
Been liked: 136 times

Post by Steve Stuart »

Denny
The Wilton-Axminsters, a Yeomanry Regiment, not much use, with a pretensions to grandeur?
Steve

Dave Boller

Post by Dave Boller »

What are you doing???? The rust looks beautiful. I thought I was looking at a real tank at first. (LOL)
1/6 Armortek: Panther,KingTiger. 1/6 FOA: Tiger-1,251 Halftrk. 1/6 ArmorHobbies: 250 Halftrk("GRIEF"). 1/6 DML: Kubelwagon,Kettenkrad. 1/16 Trumpeter KingTiger. 1/24 Tamiya: Tiger-1,Panther.(& a countless host of others too small to mention)