Jagdpanther photos

Forum for discussion relating to the Jagdpanther
Dale jordan
Been liked: 313 times

Jagdpanther photos

Post by Dale jordan »

http://www.armortek.co.uk/gallery/main. ... &g2_page=6

Everyone have a look at Chris Fry's latest Jagdpanther photos on the gallery . He is turning out a very nice model..

Tim Bowman
Been liked: 177 times

Post by Tim Bowman »

Nice work Chris. It looks like the real thing! 8) Very well done. It's good to see another Jagdpanther.

Kind regards
Tim
"So long as one isn't carrying one's head under one's arm, things aren't too bad." – Erwin Rommel

Fredrik Jorgensen
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Fredrik Jorgensen »

Very nice build and paintjob!
Always liked the look of the Jagds.
Hmm might have a go at one after the KT, and a panther, and a tiger """""Bang Wife slap""""" oops sorry was dreaming again:).

Freddie

chris fry
Been liked: 198 times

Post by chris fry »

hello all,

many thanks Dale/Tim/Frederik, for your comments, i meant to post some pictures in this section but i forgot how to download them from my photo bucket, and i have a better camera now so can take some better quality pics, the jagdpanther is coming along now, just need to spray the numbers on and lacquer the tank then i can add all the accessories on and shes done, i know its probably a lack of imagination but working off detailed pictures of the real tank its amazing how many small details you can pick out and add on, i would love to have my tank next to the real one one day :!: .
cheers, chris.

Antony Rowley
Location: Back to Wirral home of the brave or not so brave, England

Post by Antony Rowley »

Hi Chris,

Fantastic Jagdpanther. The BEST yet :!:

Get in touch with Bovington as I'm sure they would be extremely pleased that someone has replicated their paint scheme which such brilliant results. Well done :wink:

Antony
Nord-West KampfGruppe, 1/6th Hetzer, 1/6 Schwimmwagen, 3 x r/c 1/6th Kettenkrad, 1/6th Marder Ausf M, 1/6th Panzer II Static...the collection is growing again....

Roland Mann
Been liked: 19 times

Post by Roland Mann »

Hi Chris, I have to agree with Anthony. The best Jagdpanther I have seen.
Your attention to detail is perfect. And the camo is the final dot on your beautiful work.

Best regards Roland
Der Weg ist das Ziel.

Derek Attree
Has liked: 211 times
Been liked: 143 times

Post by Derek Attree »

Hi Chris
One nice loking JP....one of the nicest looking builsd I have seen

Derek
we must stop making stupid predictions

Robert E Morey
Has liked: 100 times
Been liked: 695 times

Post by Robert E Morey »

Yeah I was going to alert everyone to Chris's new photos. But I forgot. That is one sweet JP. Excellent job Chris! We need some big pictures posted here!

Fredrik Jorgensen

I just wanted to add that i can´t wait to see more of this one.
With weahering and all it will probably be amazing!

There is one thing that bugs me thou, it´s the rubbers on the hatches. Why arent they in the outer groove of the rim. As they would seal the hatch against the hull. Mabey on the real deal there was a another groove inside wich that sealed against.
Havent found any pics of it thou.

And keep them pictures coming!!!!

Freddie

chris fry

Post by chris fry »

hello Robert,
trying to download the pictures from my photo-bucket on to the forum page but its not working at the moment, will keep trying,

fredrik, the seals don't seal against the roof of the turret but there is a platform underneath which stops the hatches falling inwards, the seals seal against them, i didn't add this detail but might know!!!!,
if you go on www.tiger1.co.uk and click on vechiles then scroll down to the sdkfz.com jagdpanther and scroll through the pictures you will see the hatch seal detail, hope this answers your question, as for weathering don't know, when you look at the pictures of the real jagd its not weathered as its been restored and that's the look i was after, i have textured all the surfaces which will please kent, i know i will get shot down for this but if you look at my Sherman and panther this tends to be the look aim after (new).
thanks for all the positive comments, chris.

Kent Wiik

Post by Kent Wiik »

Hi Chris

Echo the others posting - that is one sweet looking Jagdpanther!
Almost regret I pass on one but maybe at a later release...

Will you hollow the guide horns as you did on your Panther?
The track looks so much better with those holes.

Keep up the good work
Kent

Fredrik Jorgensen

Ah i see now thnx for the fast reply on my somwhat akward question :).

freddie

chris fry

Post by chris fry »

hello Kent,

already done and painted, will have them on soon, i need to put the lacquer on the tank but its to cold at the moment, so i might build it all up and put it away till the summer comes,

Fredrik,
glad to settle that, whats your thoughts between the two, (real/model).

cheers, chris.

Robert E Morey
Has liked: 100 times
Been liked: 695 times

Post by Robert E Morey »

Chris,
Sorry to hear you are having trouble with Photobucket. I use it for my forum postings and find it very easy to use. It may be a different format from the UK? A couple thoughts:
- make sure to copy the IMG CODE of each photo by using "select all".
- Paste the full IMG CODE into thread of message
- Edit photos to reduce their size before uploading to PBucket. This can easily be done on any PC using MS Paint-->Image-->Stretch and Skew--> enter 30-50% stretch in both horz and vertical (so image is reduced 30-50% in both Horz and Vert maintaining original aspect ratio).
- make sure IMG CODE is bracketed by [IMG]your photo[IMG]. Any break in that string (or extra space_) will cause photo to not post properly. I know I have accidentally left off one of the "[" and it will not post the photo.
- make sure photos are .JPG format and not .BMP (bitmap). The latter are huge files and may choke during uploading.

You may be aware of these fixes, and already have tried them. If so I'm sorry for the repeat of what you already know. I just want to see bigger pictures of your JP!

If you want e-mail me a test photo (bobmorey2@yahoo.com) I can see if I can upload it into a forum string from Photobucket to try and help diagnose the problem.

Kind regards, Bob

chris fry

[IMG]http://i382.photobucket.com/albums/oo262/farmerfryboy/j

Post by chris fry »

hello Robert,
here goes, its not a very good picture, and it will only let me attach one picture at a time, will keep with it,
many thanks, chris.
Image[/img]jagdpanther build 058.JPG ‎ (34.6 KB)